SIAMS (Statutory Inspection of Anglican and Methodist Schools)
‘Teamwork Towards Targets in Faith, Hope and Love’
Our mission statement promotes our three key Christian values of Faith, Hope and Love. Faith as the basis for perseverance; James 1:3 ‘Because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance’. Hope as taught through Jeremiah 29:11, ‘For I know the plans I have for you,’ declares the Lord. Plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to you a hope and a future.’ and Love as John 13: 34-35 teaches, ‘Love one another. As I have loved you. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples.’ An education that prioritises a shared vision of aspiration, where by working together as one ‘family’ we can fulfil our potential.
- Relationships at St Paul’s Peel are built on the school’s vision and have a significant impact on the pupils and whole community. Leaders at all levels create a positive, family feel, and this is valued by staff, pupils, parents and governors and enables all to flourish.
- A wholehearted commitment to inclusion ensures that pupils who are disadvantaged or vulnerable have high aspirations and are able to thrive.
- Clear leadership of the recently revised Religious Education curriculum has resulted in strengthening provision in the subject.
- Collective worship is inclusive and uses a range of singing and signing to invite pupils to take part. However daily worship is not sufficiently high profile and pupils do not have adequate opportunities for spiritual development and growth.
- Governors are active and supportive in and around school. There is no systematic approach to the evaluation and development of the school’s Christian distinctiveness
Areas for development
- Develop throughout the curriculum, a deeper, richer approach to spirituality. This will enable the school community to fluently explore and articulate its impact on themselves and others.
- Develop daily collective worship throughout the school to ensure that pupils are inspired through rich and relevant experiences.
- School leaders and governors to establish a robust system to monitor and evaluate the impact of the school's distinctive Christian vision. This will bring clarity in planning future developments.